NEWS OF THE WEEK
The Kingdom Heirs and 3 Heath Brothers recently teamed up to release “A Good Day Coming On.”This past week, the groups appeared together at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge where the Kingdom Heirs have been the quartet in residence for more than 30 years.
MAJOR CONCERT EVENTS
July 28-31/James D. Vaughan Quartet Festival in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
August 2-September 10/40 Days & Nights of Gospel Music at the Ark in Williamstown, Kentucky
August 4-7/Lebanon Gospel Music Get-Together in Lebanon, Missouri
August 10-14/52nd Annual Seminole Sing in Seminole, Oklahoma
September 1-5/Gospel Fest At Loretta Lynn Ranch in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee
September 3-5/Pennsylvania Gospel Music Festival in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
September 26-October 2/National Quartet Convention in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
October 7, November 18, January 20, February 17, March 17/Carolina Gospel Association Concert Series in Rutherfordton, NC
October 8-10/Blue Ridge Gospel Music Retreat in Asheville, North Carolina
October 25-27/Praisefest Branson in Branson, Missouri
November 14-18/The Ultimate Smoky Mountain Christmas Celebration in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
January 13-15/Southwest Gospel Music Festival in Mesa, Arizona
The dates listed here are distribution dates when music will officially be available through retail and/or large online outlets. Some titles may be available sooner direct from the artists.
August 6 – Darin & Brooke Aldridge – This Life We’re Livin’ (CD)
August 13 – Paid In Full – 30th Anniversary (digital)
- A Good Day Coming On: https://youtu.be/j1ekdm37arE
- James D. Vaughan Quartet Festival: https://www.lawrenceburgtn.gov/calendar.aspx?eid=367
- 40 Days & Nights of Gospel Music at the Ark: https://www.40daysofgospelmusic.com/
- Lebanon Gospel Music Get-Together: http://www.lebanonsing.com/
- Gospel Fest At Loretta Lynn Ranch: https://www.gospelfest.co/
- Pennsylvania Gospel Music Festival: http://www.imcconcerts.com/event.php?id=208
- National Quartet Convention: https://natqc.com/
- Carolina Gospel Association Concert Series: http://carolinagospel.com/
- Blue Ridge Gospel Music Retreat: http://www.imcconcerts.com/event.php?id=219
- Praisefest Branson: http://www.imcconcerts.com/event.php?id=211
- The Ultimate Smoky Mountain Christmas Celebration: https://ultimatesmokychristmas.com/
- Southwest Gospel Music Festival: http://www.imcconcerts.com/event.php?id=204
I was wondering why Southern Gospel Picnic at Silver Dollar City was not on the list of major gospel events. It is bigger than several events on your list.
I’m wondering why you would feel the need to question what I choose to provide for free as a benefit to the fans of gospel music.
To be clear, though, if any major gospel event would like to guarantee they are mentioned in my weekly News Nuggets article, I am always ready and willing to sell them a spot to advertise.
Unrelated to your post here. But I would love to see Stow Town release more Cathedrals table top projects as they did recently with Smooth As Silk. I would love to see Keep On Singin’, both versions, released on one CD.
Both versions of Keep On Singin’ would be cool to have on the same CD for sure. Check out this comparison I put together of the choruses on “I’ve Never Been This Homesick Before” a few years ago. You’ll want to listen to it in stereo. There are three passes through the same section of the song…version A, version B, and then the third pass has version A panned hard left and version B panned hard right.
I remember that David as you pointed out that Glen had redone some of his vocals on that project with Lee and Talley. There is one song on the Lee/Talley version where you can clearly hear Amon. So not everything was changed when Lee and Talley recut Amon and Tremble’s vocals. Some songs like the instrumental were left as they were.