I am blessed to attend so many great southern gospel concerts. This one was more special to me because I had recently gotten Sacred Calling’s brand new “Stronger” CD and couldn’t wait to see and hear these ladies sing their new songs!
Sacred Calling is a trio of ladies from Morristown, Tennessee. The group was started in the early 2000’s but went on hiatus while member Penny Shelnut was a member of The Chuck Wagon Gang. They have been back together now for several years with Nicole Buchman (an original member) and Rachel Elkins joining Penny. (The other original member of the group was Nikki Shaw, who is now singing with her family group, Children of the Promise!) These sweet ladies have a lovely blend and the songs they chose for their new album showcase their wonderful sound with such meaningful messages.
Since Sacred Calling has a limited touring reach and many won’t be able to see them in person, I thought I would feature more videos than usual!!
- You Never Cease To Amaze Me
- Joy’s Gonna Come In the Morning
- If Not For The Old Rugged Cross
- Calvary’s Story
- The Blood Covered It All
The Dixie Echoes with Randy Shelnut, Sr., Stephen Adair, Randy Shelnut, Jr. (Scoot), and Mark Cates performed some classics and some newer songs from their album “Can’t Hardly Wait.” I’ve reviewed the DE’s recently, so all I will add here will be these two videos:
- How Great Thou Art – The Dixie Echoes almost always include this song in their program, and at this concert, the ladies from Sacred Calling joined them.
- Farther Along – This featured “The Shelnut Trio” – Randy, Sr. and Jr. with Penny.