Last Week’s Happenings
- Southern Sound of Nashville announced they are retiring from full-time travel. They will fulfill a few dates in 2017 before retiring permanently.
- The April Potter Agency announced they now represent Larry, Steve, & Rudy Gatlin individually as well as collectively for appearances. The Gatlin Brothers recently celebrated 40 years as members of the Grand Ole Opry.
- Daywind Music Publishing announced the addition of songwriter Janice Crow to their family of writers.
- Chapel Valley announced they have signed soloist Caleb Kelley to their development label for up-and-coming singers.
- The Hinson Family announced that Logan Smith has officially joined their group and will be part of their forthcoming Song Garden Music Group CD. Smith has filled in with the group in the past, and recently became engaged to Hinson’s singer Jordan Honea. Smith will continue to perform some solo dates.
- Allegiance Trio announced that Corey Lackey has joined the group to sing tenor. Lackey had previously been the group’s road manager and sound engineer.
- The Southern Gospel Music Association announced they received a $50,000 donation from the estate of former Harmoneers pianist and SGMA Hall Of Fame member Charles Key.
- New Day Christian Distributors announced the addition of Dusty Wells and Kyle Johnson to the New Day sales force. Dusty Wells has been named Director of Sales while Kyle Johnson will serve as the Director of Inventory and Production. This announcement follows the recent addition of Word Entertainment to New Day’s family of exclusive labels and vendors.
- Hope’s Journey announced the addition of vocalist Andrew Utech.
Please let us know if any significant upcoming releases are missing from this list. Note, the dates listed here are distribution dates when music will officially be available through retail and/or large online outlets. Some titles may be available sooner direct from the artists.
David Bruce Murray
David Bruce Murray is a church music director in Ellenboro, NC. He is the author of Murray's Encyclopedia Of Southern Gospel Music and the owner of both SGHistory.com and MusicScribe.com. David plays piano for Southern Sounds Quartet and the Foothills Community Choir.