First Look, Episode 1

First Look, Episode 1

Any time a group changes members, that new group member has to be “on” from the moment they take the stage. In this brave new world of social media, someone in the audience will invariably capture the moment and upload it for the world to see. Opinions are formed quickly.

Here at MusicScribe, we don’t want to increase the pressure on young singers and fresh faces, but we’re just as eager to see new combinations as anyone.

A few weeks ago, we saw Dustin Doyle’s first public appearance with Ernie Haase & Signature Sound during the Memphis Quartet Show.

By the way, our own Diana Brantley’s YouTube channel is a great source for concert videos. Check it out and subscribe if you haven’t already.

But back to first looks. In terms of social media, Doyle’s debut with EH&SS is old news. How about something more recent. Did you know that Gold City has changed tenor singers? No official announcement has yet been made, but this video featuring Chris Williams with Gold City singing “Beulah Land” is already making the rounds.

We’re looking for videos of the New Dove Brothers and Jeremy Peace with the LeFevre Quartet. If you find one or both, let us know, and we’ll feature it in the next episode of “First Look.”

Category Streaming Video

1. Darrell
    Reply July 21, 13:27 #1 Darrell

When I read that Singing News interview with Robert Fulton and saw how far he commutes to meet the GC bus every week, I did wonder how long he would continue with them. That was a serious commitment!

2. Brad
    Reply July 21, 19:29 #2 Brad

I was at Memphis for Dustin’s debut with EHSS and, while I will really miss Doug, Dustin sounded great with them. I was unaware of Gold City’s tenor change, but based on this clip, I can’t wait to see them in person at Southern Gospel Picnic at Silver Dollar City. He sounds like the real deal!

3. yankeegospelgirl
    Reply July 21, 23:48 #3 yankeegospelgirl

Gold City had a group change? In other news, sky is blue and grass is green.

• Darrell
      Reply July 22, 20:02 Darrell

Back in the day Gold City used to be my favorite quartet. With SO many personnel changes over the last several years I have sort of interest in them. I’m not saying that their ministry is not viable. I just haven’t connected with the recent singers. I would say my favorite quartet right now is Triumphant. Talk about a consistent vocal lineup. And the songs they pump out are great. Especially the ones that Scotty writes

Reply July 22, 14:34 #4 David Bruce Murray Author

I can confirm this much. At present, Chris Williams is filling in with Gold City. If I hear that he has become the official replacement at a later date, I’ll let you know.

• Aaron Swain
      Reply July 22, 23:08 Aaron Swain

According to Chris’ employment status on Facebook, he is the current tenor for Gold City. That may not necessarily mean anything, but it was updated after the weekend.

Reply July 22, 23:20 David Bruce Murray Author

The comment I found on Facebook where he said he was “filling in” was made on Monday.